Dealer Solutions Software runs two major setup files. These two executibles are used to match Dealer Solutions files with Windows shared files. If you are running Dealer Solutions and come across any unusual errors you may try to run these two files as a “quick fix”.
Accessing the Files
In newer versions of Dealer Solutions you can simply go to HELP > Reregister Files and Controls… then when that finishes click HELP > Run Base Components Installation
For older versions follow the steps below:
- Open Dealer Solutions
- Go to HELP > OPEN DEALER SOLUTIONS FOLDER
- Run BASECOMPONENTS.EXE
- Run REGISTERFILES.EXE
- Close and reopen Dealer Solutions
- (Optional) Restart the computer
Why does this Continue to Happen?
- You ran a Windows Update
- You recently installed a new program
- You have a program that uses the same shared Windows files and that program keeps taking the files away from Dealer Solutions
- Your database is corrupt and you need to run DBREPAIR. See instructions here.
How can I Stop this from Happening Again?
- Uninstall any recently install programs that may have interfered with Dealer Solutions.
- Just note that after you run a Windows Update to follow these quick steps.
- Run a Disk Cleanup through Windows
- Delete Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
This may not necessarily fix the issue but in most cases it can help the situation and help your PC in general as well.