Setting up your OKI Printer for Windows 8 and 8.1
- Go to the printers folder in Windows. To get there, right-click on the Windows button in the bottom left corner of your screen, then choose CONTROL PANEL. Then choose VIEW DEVICES AND PRINTERS.
* If you are using Windows 8 still without the 8.1 update, there is no start button. In that case, on your keyboard press and hold the WINDOWS key (between CTRL and ALT) and tap the X key, then follow the same steps.
- Choose the OKI, right-click on it and it hit PRINTER PROPERTIES
- Go to the SHARING tab
- Check the box for SHARE THIS PRINTER, and change the share name to simply “OKI”
- Hit OK to save changes
- If you know the Network name of your computer, skip straight to step 9
- In Dealer Solutions, click on TOOLS from the menu at the top, then SHARE DEALER SOLUTIONS ON THE NETWORK
- In the window that pops up, you will see “This Computer’s Network Name”. Take note of the name (including the dashes), or highlight it and copy, then close the window
- Click on TOOLS > SETTINGS from the Dealer Solutions menu across the top of the window
- Go to the Printers / Prog Behavior tab and in the DOT MATRIX PRINTER box, type \\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\OKI (being sure to replace YOURCOMPUTERNAME with the actual name of your computer)