Here is a preview of the form on the FTC website
NOTE: IGNORE THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES PAGE WHICH IS NOT APPLICABLE IN NORTH OR SOUTH CAROLINA.
The updated guide brings new wording and a few new boxes. As such, as far as Dealer Solutions goes, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The boxes for Systems Covered and Duration are shorter, but wider, so you may need to reconfigure your text to fit! Clear here for an article on how to Edit and Save your templates.
- There are now boxes for Non-Dealer Warranties: Manufacturer's Warranty Still Applies, Manufacturer's Used Vehicle Warranty Applies, and Other Used Vehicle Warranty. Since our average dealer is much less apt to sell a vehicle with the latter 2 options, by default we are only including forms that will or won't check "Manufacturer's Warranty Still Applies". If you do or might have the need for the other options, we have a second download link at the bottom of this article.
- To avoid giving a Buyers Guide that doesn't match the one in the window due to one of the 3 new boxes being checked, you should use the Buyers Guide FROM THE VEHICLE during the paperwork signing process (rather than reprinting at the time of sale) until we are able to add these options that can be saved for each individual car.
- If you use any other older, non-standard forms that are NOT a true Buyer's Guide, such as one that ONLY displays AS-IS or NON-GUARANTEED USED CAR, you should cease using those and switch to the new Buyers Guide only.
- If you normally use a pre-printed form and do not have any of the new revision available, please simply print out both sides on plain paper and lightly tape it to the window or lay it on the dashboard in a way that is clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle.
As always, be sure to review your printed forms for accuracy before displaying them on the lot, and contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Download the 2017 Buyers Guide Here (Note: This will overwrite your old Buyers Guide)
(Not common) Also download 2017 Buyers Guide with option for Manufacturer's Used Warranty, and Other Used Warranty