To manually back up Dealer Solutions, you want to copy the entire Dealer Solutions folder
to an external flash drive or hard drive. This may be done from any computer, but preferably the server. Be aware that if you have a large database or many pictures, you may need a very large flash drive. A 16GB or more drive should be safe, but the average size for an established dealer who makes use of pictures is around 3GB.
- Insert your removable drive
- Open Dealer Solutions and log in
- Click on HELP on the menu across the top of the window, or the yellow HELP button in the upper right corner if it is present
- Click on OPEN DEALER SOLUTIONS FOLDER
- A Windows File Explorer window will open. Find the folder path (aka "breadcrumbs") at the top of the window, and click on the folder before Dealer Solutions (usually "Public")
- Now right-click on the Dealer Solutions folder and then click SEND TO > [Your removeable drive]. If it asks you to overwrite any existing files from a previous backup, you should click Yes to All. (Note: If you are familiar with copying and pasting, you may also use that method to get the files where you need them... just be sure to use COPY and not CUT!)